I am a big fan of chia seeds. Apart from its tasty taste, they are my mini dietary powerhouses. They are packing more calcium than milk, more antioxidants than blueberries and more Omega-3 than Salmon.
A tablespoon (15gr) of chia seeds equals to 3gr of omega3, 6gr of dietary fibre, 3gr of complete protein.
There are so many ways to consume chia seeds; you can mix it to your yoghurt, add them to soup, or top them on your salad. But the house favourite is chia pudding. Oh yeah! who can resist this sweet indulgence. But, take a note, that today we’re talking about a healthy pudding. So, guilts go away!!
Here is my 5 minutes legit healthy pudding recipe:
2 cups of coconut milk (homemade or natural)
1/2 cup of chia seeds
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup manuka honey
How To (5 minutes)
- Blend coconut milk, vanilla extract and manuka honey together in a high speed
- Whisk in chia seeds
- Pour the mixture onto jars, and stir them well occasionally within the first hour.
- Store them in the fridge for at least 4 hours until the chia seeds get gelled.
- Add some toppings: whatever you prefer, blueberries, strawberries, granola, almond flakes, biscuit crumbs, maple syrup, honey drizzle.
Kids Matter / Get Creative
- Most of the kids are not impressed by the appearance of chia seeds on their bowl, so let’s make a smoothies version of chia pudding. By blending all the ingredients above in a high-speed blender. Or you might want to give more appealing colour to your pudding, by adding 1/4 cup cocoa powder and blend them all together. Pour them into baby food container or any jars. Lastly, store them in the refrigerator and let the chia seeds do its magic.
Alright, you are just finished reading through my recipe and thinking “that is so easy”. Let me answer you… “hell yeahhhhh!!” It is easier to make it than to read it.
Chia puddings can be stored in the fridge for 5 days. Batch some up on Sunday evening for the coming week, and make your life easier. AMEN…say all mums ever. 😉
Chia puddings can be served as breakfast or snack.
This is a revolutionary way of staying healthy anytime anywhere.
HEALTHY LIVING IS SIMPLE, IS DOABLE AND IS POSSIBLE to all busy moms.
So, give it a shot today! and share some comments below. Or maybe share some recipes with me too. X