There is a promise for every battle
Life is “battle and blessing”
When we are in a battle it is hard to believe that it will ever to come to an end. When we are in a period of blessing we sometimes expect it will go on forever. But life is not like that. There are battles and blessings.
It’s not a secret that our family is struggling to conceive this 2nd baby. But, at the end, it happened. This process has taught me a lesson; that life always being on two tracks, battles and blessings. At any given moment in life there are usually blessings, but also battles to face. It is all about perspective. At the end of the day, your perspective towards life will determine your way of living.
While I am battling with the uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms, I am more assured of bigger blessings/healthier baby God is knitting inside my womb.
My 7 Pregnancy Battles and Blessings
- Morning sickness – Whoever came up with this symptom’s name, he/she must not been pregnant before. Ha. Seriously… It doesn’t only happen in the morning. literally. It may visit you at any times of the day or perhaps it goes ALL DAY long for the entire 40 weeks. With my 2nd pregnancy, I experienced worse morning sickness than previous one. It often hits at night time before bed, or the when I was in the hot shower. What a good timing…(says no mum ever). HOWEVER, these continuous events boost my confidence that the baby’s growing healthy inside my womb, especially during the risky first 12 weeks of his life.
- Growing bust and breast – My bras are suffocating me. That’s what I feel every day. My bra size went 2 sizes up the moment I reached my 2nd tri-semester. And still going up today. HOWEVER, I am glad knowing that my breasts are working hard and its best in storing up some good produce milk for my long awaiting newborn. So today, #nobra is my my favourite state of life. 😉
- Changing hormones – Mood swing game strong. I cried a lot over tiny mistakes. I got really annoyed over small things. Often it creates a dark atmosphere in the house, and affect everyone else in the house. Then again I feel guilty. It’s a constant battle to control your own emotions and behaviours towards others, HOWEVER, I feel grateful for this learning ground to practice my patience and self-control. FYI, I prays a lot God please help me to get through the day.
- Stretchmarks – I have tried many different methods to avoid stretch-marks but my skins cracked anyway. Then, I feel ugly and loose my confident. HOWEVER, the more I see other moms posting their postpartum belly, I realised that its like a free permanent tattoo on your tummy symbolising life and love. It is truly precious and beautiful.
- Urine leeking – WHAT?! I peed myself?! I can’t help it. It’s embarrassing. HOWEVER, the pressure of the growing uterus on the bladder is the indication of my baby growing bigger and stronger accordingly. No complaints.
- Forgetful brains – Dang…I left my keys in the house again! Call hubby to come to rescue. HOWEVER, I am grateful for this “pregnancy brain”, it is the season where I need to learn to SLOW DOWN and do things one at a time.
- Siblings changing behaviour – This one kills me slowly day by day. My 3 year old son cries a lot than ever. He wants mommy more than ever. He behaves ridiculously silly more than ever. He needs mommy to carry him more than ever. I am tired. HOWEVER, on the other hand, I am glad to have all the cuddles and kisses exclusively all by myself. So, I choose to enjoy this tough moments.
I am HAPPY where I AM today. Despite of the constant battles I have to face everyday, all of them are truly blessings in disguise to me. I am so READY for the next season with my 2 boys. It’s gonna be fun and more rough (slightly)…
Wish me luck. X