Who doesn’t want to live in a “pinterest” decorated room? Huh.
But, how much will it cost me? How much effort we need to pay for this?
Wait….decorating your room won’t be necessarily costly or time consuming. Perhaps, you only need a little tweak or good catch around the house.
As a growing family with single income, we always find ourself adjusting our lifestyle again and again. We moved houses several times, but it doesn’t mean we buy new things every now and then. We love to keep things minimal yet liveable. So here are my tips in decorating a house on budget.
6 TRICKS TO DECORATE A ROOM ON BUDGET
- Regular Declutter – How often do you do decluttering? I used to be a person who was very unorganized plus irresponsible to my belongings. If I can’t find things, I will straight away buy a new piece or set. I piled up so many junks around the house that will eventually become an eye-pinching wall art in my room. Till I met my organized husband, and he inspired me to be his clone. Nowadays, decluttering has become a part of my life. We do declutter every trisemester. First, the house feels light. Second, it freshen your soul. Third, ease you to find and move things around the house. Once you get cleared your house, you might find some old forgotten bits and pieces which will suit your house theme. Such as, a cute family caricature, an old newborn book journal, a traditional wooden music instrument, a handmade plate you bought overseas, etc.
- Move around your furniture – Every now and then, you need to re-arrange the furniture around the house to freshen up your mood. Who would ever think that changing position of your sofa or dining table could give a different vibe in the house. Do you realize that visual repetition is boring? But changes boost your interest? Most importantly, it’s my favourite zero cost hacks in decorating a house.
- Featured wall – It is so trendy nowadays. But sometimes paintings can cost much of our money and time. Another way to keep your wall on trend is by sticking a wall sticker / paper. Easy to apply on dry surface and easy to peel off without damaged. Perfect for those of you who are living in an apartment like our family. Top hack for all mums; decorate your kids wall room using duck tape/round label from officeworks. It cost less than A$5 for the entire wall in the room.
- Frame the kids’ artwork – ha. This is obviously my favourite hack. We all know that a pretty wall art can be pricy sometimes. And definitely we need more than one wall arts to fill the house. Alright….why not skimming through your kids school artwork and find some best one which match the colour theme of the room. Next step is….. FRAME IT!! Voila… your new Picasso wall art is ready to hang.
- DIY – One of the thing I love to do as a stay at home mum is DIY. When the house is silent, I love to express my creativity through some art and craft. Most of the time, it cost less than the off-shelf bundles. More than that, I love how DIY bundles add a personalized touch to the room. (eg: DIY Dreamcatcher)
- Light it up – Invest in a good light fixtures. Light fixtures work as a vital element in decorating any room. As per the experts, the decorative lightings are the architectural jewelry pieces. So, to have the best home decoration, it is necessary to consider the shape, style, size, and color of the lights. A creative use of lighting can actually enhance any home décor project a lot. Its the hero in the room.
Hope you enjoy above articles. And be encouraged to start a new room decor project for your own house.
My last tip is to be creative. Stylish does not always pricy. Find small precious things in the house and make them stand out.
See you on the next post! X