WHO’S EGGCITED FOR EASTER?! WE ARE!!
While my boy is so freaking excited to eat tons of chocolate eggs, mommy is so NOT agree on this matter. So, I decided to shift his attention by asking him to decorate foam eggs to add extra details touch to our wooden dinner table in house.
Talks about wood, I am going to create something rustic for this easter. I decided to make a DIY: GOLD RUSTIC EASTER EGG. A perfect decoration for both indoor and outdoor easter festive. A pretty little touch to your dining table and to the tree too.
Let’s get into business now. We’re gonna get a little messy here. These activities are full of splish and splash, I would say the messier the merrier. I didn’t get a chance to take picture during the painting process because we were both soaked up in paint and too afraid to take the camera with me 😦 It was a messy process but again FULL OF FUN! J loved it too. Yeahhh.. who doesn’t like making a mess?! huh.
so….Here are some of the stuffs you need to prepare (you may get most of them on the art & craft shop nearest your place)
And here’s step by step – how to make GOLDEN RUSTIC EASTER EGG:
- Mix white poster paint with a dash of brown poster paint to create cream colour.
- Dip in the foam eggs into the mixture (cream colour) – leave them to a complete dry.
- Use the kids brush, paint roughly some lines on the coloured cream egg with gold poster paint. Leave them to dry.
- Cover your table surface with newspapers, cause we’re going messy now. Splish splash the black poster paint on the foam egg by brushing the toothbrush onto the comb until the whole egg covered with black dots. Leave them to dry
- Place the eggs on cleaned egg cage.
- Voila!! They are ready to beautify your dinner table.
What an easy way to make your DIY rustic eggs, huh? It is rustic yet sophisticated. One easy way to sweeten your dinner table and impress your guests this weekend. Now, clean your house, get the chicken roast and find some unexpected spots to hide the eggs. Hope you all had an amazing Easter Celebration with beloved ones.
Oh and Easter is not complete without an easter bunny right? Say hello to our companion this year, this white bunny worth for $1.96, bargain sale on Bed Bath & Table. Mommy is happy! So, how do you like my new creation? Comment below for your opinions.
Bye for now. See you on my next DIY project. Cause mama makes things happen on any budget. X